4. Clean/Organize Livings for People
I know many persons who doesn’t have enough time to cleaned or organized their home. Advertise your services on Craigslist or Facebook to help them and earn some fast cash. Offer services such as:
- House cleaning
- Home organizing
- Deep cleaning/detailing cars.
- Cleaning windows
- Clearing out garages or basements
- Making a run to the junkyard
Charge what your worth and help people make their lives a little less cluttered in the process. And if they’re bringing valuable stuff to a thrift store, ask if you can take some items to resell for extra cash.
5. Babysit or Nanny
People pay decent cash to have responsible and trustworthy people care for their children while they’re at work or play. If you like kids and are good with kids, consider doing some babysitting or nanny.
You can make money fast if you book yourself during daytime hours while people are at work.
Babysitting nights and weekends can help you rake in some fast cash too. So will babysitting for multiple kids or families.
Hint: People will sometimes pay extra if they come home to a clean house and if the kids give you a good review.
6. Do Gigs on Craigslist
Craigslist has a Gigs section that hosts all types of fast-money jobs. When you look in the Gigs section, you can find short-term jobs in areas such as:
Now note that as with all sites, there can be some weird stuff posted here. But there are also legitimate gigs that pay well. People need fast, short-term help, and are willing to pay for it. Here are some of the gigs that were on the Craigslist site in my area at the time of this writing.
- seasonal/holiday temporary retail jobs
- various driving gigs
- female liquor ambassadors for events: $30 an hour
- short-term construction work: $25-$35 an hour
- various handyman gigs such as painting or auto work: $1,000 per week
- computer coding and other work
- concession stand workers for a week-long event. Long days, $12 an hour paid in cash
I found jobs for people with many different skill sets on the site. I recommend checking your local Craigslist site to see what types of gigs they have that might work for you. Note that the larger the city you live in, the more gig choices there will probably be.