Starting a blog is the easiest way to share your ideas and expertise with the world.
And if you want to, you can use it to promote your business—or make money straight from the blog.
Luckily, in 2017, making a blog is easier than ever.
Before 2017, lots of coding skills: Like HTML, CSS and PHP, but today starting a blog is as simple as 1.2.3 or creating a document in Microsoft Word. That is, if you have simple instructions to follow.
So now you want to start a blog. That’s great! Not only blogging a great but with a blog you can express yourself in a unique way, helping others with problems you’ve overcome, establish yourself as an expert blogger, and even you can make money. Recommended tools which helps in starting blogs.
If you’re new to blogging, it really helps to get started off on the right foot and have someone to help you avoid mistakes.
Five easy steps to setup your blog.
Step 1. Blogging Platform Choice.
Step 2. Domain remain and hosting registration.
Step 3. Designing of your blog.
Step 4. Adding posts and pages.
Step 5. Start to grow your blog.
Step 1: Blogging Platform Choice (Recommended WordPress)
Before starting & worrying about our blog, you need to choose your best blogging platform.
There’s a lot to choices for blogging. Where you are able to create a blog such as WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and more…
However, given that there are over 70 million active users using WordPress today, i hope it’s clear to you now that which platform is the boss. Even my own blogs and sites are built with WordPress blogging platform.
Here’re some reasons why:
- Super easy to set up.
- FREE for everyone to use (including themes, layouts and lot of add-ons that many other blogging platforms don’t provides).
- HIGHLY customizable. There are hundreds of free themes and plugins that add more functionality to your blog, contact form and subscribe boxes plugins that improve blog performance and much more.
- WordPress is always updating their software and keeping everything sound and secure, so there’s rarely a worry of having your blog come under hacking attacks. No wonder Facebook, NASA and even university blogs are using WordPress.
Without a doubt, go with WordPress. Especially when you are just starting out.
FREE blogging platform Right or Wrong choice?
Without any doubt, you need to own-host your blog.
Think about it – Does famous, successful blogger you know is using a free blogging like “lyfpassiveincome.wordpress.com” instead of their own domain name like “LyfPassiveIncome.com”, for example?
let me tell you free blogging platforms have other problems too – including…
- You don’t control your content.
- The web address of your blog will be long and hard to remember.
- You’re not allowed to advertise on most free blogging platforms.
Step 2. Domain name & hosting registration.
Do you have a domain name or Find? (Discount Coupon *RegDomain*)
Just write it in the search box to find (I already own this domain) and i’m moving to the next step by scrolling down a little bit.
How to choose a good domain name?
Be sure you choose a domain name follow these keywords in mind…
1. Easy to Remember – Never choose a bad name, something like difficult to spell, or a long name full of dashes.
2. Exclusive and Expressive – You want a name that reflects your identity in the world, who you are and what you care about the reader.
3. Reliability – Domain extensions like “.com”, “.org” or “.net” are the most popular, with “.com” being the one most reliable people think of first.
Search a domain name you want to use, then click “search”. If the name is available, you’ll be able to claim it. If it’s not available, choose another one.(Discount Coupon *RegDomain*)
Step 3: Designing your blog
In this section, I’ll show you some WordPress blog basics, including:
- Changing your blog’s design
- Installing new plugins/features
- Making your blog search engine friendly
If you’ve set up your blog, you’re now ready to start using WordPress and customizing your blog. I promise – it’ll be pretty easy and fun at the same time.
Remember: You can log in to your blog by going to www.yourblog.com/wp-admin/ and using the credentials you set up with HostGator or any other hosting company you used.
Step 4: Adding/Writing Blog Posts and Pages
By now you should have fully working WordPress blog on your own domain name. You should also have a custom blog theme that fits with your blog’s topic. Congratulations – you’ve done a LOT and I’m proud that you’ve managed to get so far.
In the LAST step, I’ll show you how to write your first blog post and share some tips for writing blog posts.
In this section, I’ll show you…
- How to write a post inside WordPress
- How to add images, links and format text
- Some quick tips and tricks for writing great content
Step 5: Start Growing Your Blog
Now that you have set up your blog and know the basics, it’s time to make your blog successful. Many beginners struggle at that point, thus I’ve put together a handful of guides to get you going easier.